What to Bring to a SWIM MEET
Swim meets start early or run late and can last for a while, so it is smart to have everything ready in advance. You not only need your swim essentials but you need food and some things to keep you busy while you are waiting for an event. Most meets will have concessions so you may want to bring money as well.
Items needed for a swim meet:
- Team Suit
- Two pair of Goggles: one to keep as a spare
- Team cap and one extra cap and baby powder
- Lots of extra Towels - towels will get wet quickly.
- Warm socks, shoes or flip flops
- Extra appropriate clothing to keep warm. Remember meets run rain or shine. Bring sweatpants, sweatshirt and/or t-shirt, hat, sunscreen.
- Healthy snacks like fruit, nuts, energy bars, yogurt, orange slices, grapes, fruit bars, carrots, goldfish, Ritz bits with peanut butter, cheese sticks.
- Lots of water to keep hydrated
- Duffel Bag to hold items
- Plastic bag for wet items
- Blanket/ tarps/ anything to sit on the ground
- Deck chairs
- Games, cards, books, IPod, game boy, etc.
- Black Sharpie. Volunteers will write your swimmer's number on the back of their hands. Between events, parents may need to refresh any faded numbers.