1. ELIGIBILITY: A swimmer must be capable of swimming at least one length of the pool unassisted to be eligible for the Tiger Swim Club (TSC). TSC is a competitive swim team and not swim lessons. If it is determined that a swimmer is not ready to compete with TSC, the swimmer’s registration fee will be refunded in full and they will be invited to come back during the next swim season. Refunds will not be given for swimsuits, goggles, towels, etc.
2. VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:TSC is a voluntary organization and cannot function without your support. As such, volunteer hours are required to support the team. Volunteers are given an opportunity to sign up for meets at the beginning of the season. A $150 draft authorization volunteer deposit is required at the time of registration to ensure volunteer requirements are completed by the end of the swim season. It takes approximately 60 TSC volunteers to run each meet.
Three meets are required to fulfill your volunteer obligation. In addition, if your child is selected to compete at the Meet of Champs or All Star Meet, you will be required to volunteer for those events as well. We strongly recommend completing one WHALe certification class even if it is your first year. They teach you how meets run and what judges are looking for in each stroke. No matter the age of your child it is important information. A $150 draft authorization volunteer deposit is required at the time of registration. You must sign in and out to receive credit for your volunteer time. If you are unable to volunteer, or choose not to volunteer, you may forfeit your volunteer deposit at the beginning of the season. Your draft will be authorized, and you will not be called or asked to volunteer in any capacity during the regular season.
3. PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SWIM DECK AT ANY TIME: Due to liability issues, only TSC Board of Directors are allowed to be on deck. Parents are asked not to talk to coaches during practice or meets. Practice time is limited and coaches have many swimmers to work with. If you have questions or concerns, please contact a member of the TSC Board of Directors, not a coach.
4. AGE REQUIREMENTS: Any swimmer age 8 years or younger must have a parent or guardian present at all practices and meets. The parent must be inside the building.
5. STROKE QUALIFICATION: All decisions made for swimmers will be made by the coaches and their decision is final. All swimmers are eligible to swim freestyle and backstroke at every meet. Beyond that, a swimmer is only eligible to participate in the strokes approved by the coach.
A swimmer is expected to attend as many practices and meets as possible.
6. MEET REGISTRATION: At the beginning of the season all meets will be available for swimmer signup on the TSC website via SwimTopia. A swimmer is responsible to register for the meet. It is important to sign-up prior to the deadline to ensure participation.
Excessive absences may disqualify a swimmer from upcoming meets. A swimmer must have competed in a minimum of two dual meets during the season to qualify for the Meet of Champs and the All Star Meet.
7. EXPECTATIONS: Parents, swimmers and TSC volunteers must be able to conduct themselves in a manner that is not disruptive to the team during all practices and meets. Instructions TSC Board of Directors and coaches should be followed without argument or disrespect.
If a swimmer or parent is disruptive or disrespectful during practice or a meet, they will be given an initial warning and asked to leave. If a second occurrence is noted, the board will vote on the eligibility of your swimmer to stay on the TSC team for the remainder of the season. Refunds will not be given if a swimmer is dismissed from the team.
8. UNIFORMS: All swimmers are required to wear the TSC team swimsuit for all meets.
Details about ordering swimsuits will be coming soon!
9. PARTICIPATION: I (parent/guardian and swimmer) have reviewed the Tiger Swim Club (TSC) by-laws. I understand I may request a written copy of the Tiger Swim Club by-laws at any time and they are available to the general public on the TSC website
http://www.TigerSwimClub.com. I (parent/guardian and swimmer) agree to abide by the TSC by-laws and understand that a swimmer may be asked to leave the team if they do not adhere to the by-laws.
10. REFUNDS: Under regular circumstances, registration fees are not eligible for a refund.
In the case of financial hardship, a refund may be considered with unanimous approval of the TSC Board of Directors.
A refund must be requested in writing prior to the first swim meet. Partial refunds may be approved in cases where the member can no longer fulfill the requirements of the team. Any refund requests after the first swim meet will be automatically rejected.
By signing this information sheet, you acknowledge that you have read the contents and agree to abide by all of the guidelines stated.
YES, I AGREE.
Enter your initials to indicate acceptance: